POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Req: Candy Cane : Re: Req: Candy Cane Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Req: Candy Cane
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 27 Jun 1999 19:59:12
Message: <3779ba99.48947019@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:56:53 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>  Does anyone have a stripped candy cane they could share with me. I
>can model the thing all right but getting the stripe to wrap around the
>bend properly is giving me epileptic fits. I prefer a non patch solution
>for this if at all possible.

Ken, I know this is a bit late but I have posted KandyCane.jpg in
povray.binaries.images and the source in povray.text.scene-files.  It uses the
Striscia macros developed by Daniele Varrazzo. It's a bit different to Chris
Huff's solution. Hope you like it.
David
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com