POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A bit OT: Can vision change over a day? : Re: A bit OT: Can vision change over a day? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bit OT: Can vision change over a day?
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 29 Jun 1999 23:01:51
Message: <377988AB.902E62D1@mailbag.com>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> Simon de Vet <sde### [at] istarca> wrote:
> : So.. does vision change over the course of a day? Do I get more contrast
> : early in the morning than late at night? The lighting conditions in the
> : room and the settings of my monitor did not change.
>
>   I have noticed that I see very badly just after awakening and that it
> takes time before I can see perfectly.

It helps me for some work if my monitor is the only source of
illumination in the room.  This is especially important when tweaking
height fields in a paint program and the shades only differ by 1 part in
256.  If I wait until dark, turn off the lights, and tweak with my
monitor.  I even change the other colors on my desktop to avoid brighter
colors.  Granted, that wasn't what the original post was asking...

--
Mark Gordon
mtg### [at] povrayorg