POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 360 panorama : Re: 360 panorama Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 360 panorama
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 29 Jun 1999 19:45:10
Message: <37795a86@news.povray.org>
Nathan O'Brien wrote in message <37776A95.59AD7829@no13.net>...
>Hi all.
>
>Anyone has success with 360 degree panorama renders ? If so I'd be
>interested in the results.

Yep, unfortunately not online anywhere...

Using a cylindrical camera...(so only 360 around the y axis) the
standard mac download of POV-Ray 3.1 includes a VR panorama scene in the
scenes folder, I used its camera definition (but changed the aspect
ratio). Can't recall what the dimensions were, I just grabbed them from
some doco of a demo tool Apple included on a Develop CD some time ago...
[sorry I did this under v2(? maybe 3.0), it's been a while...] I used
the same tool to turn the single image into a pano.

Makes the scene I used much more 'obvious' than the still image (you can
actually tell which are real objects and which are reflections...)

HTH

Have Fun
Martin
--
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> is a valid address
If you prefer mnemonic addresses you can use:

My opinions should not be taken as indicative of Tourism Tasmania's
opinions