POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A bit OT: Can vision change over a day? : A bit OT: Can vision change over a day? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  A bit OT: Can vision change over a day?
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 29 Jun 1999 07:17:02
Message: <3778B954.1C7CED84@istar.ca>
Oh, great gods of all things visual, I present you a question! :)

Last night I started rendering a pic. At the time I went to bed, it was
about 1/3 finished, and looked good. Shadows, but not too dark, and
great colour balance.

Now, this morning, about 30 min after getting up, I take a look at the
pic. Now, the shadows are almost fully black, and the colours looks
garish. Even the 1/3 that I had seen last night.

So.. does vision change over the course of a day? Do I get more contrast
early in the morning than late at night? The lighting conditions in the
room and the settings of my monitor did not change.

Very odd.. scared me, too. Looked like my pic was ruined. Hope it looks
better when I come home this afternoon :)

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet