POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 360 panorama : Re: 360 panorama Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 360 panorama
From: Ron Parker
Date: 28 Jun 1999 09:02:17
Message: <37777259@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:01:10 +0200, Marc Schimmler wrote:
>Nathan O'Brien wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Anyone has success with 360 degree panorama renders ? If so I'd be
>> interested in the results.
>>
>> --
>> regards
>>
>> Nathan O'Brien
>> no1### [at] no13net
>> http://www.no13.net
>
>There had been a thread about it!
>
>title: Check this out ...
>date 21/10/98
>started by the newsadmin that had been about panoramas. But I think it
>used a browser plugin for IE.

http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/pantest.html
is a panoramic scene without a plugin that works on both Netscape and IE,
and should work on any HTML-4.0 compliant browser.  I don't remember
specifically what camera I used, but it was probably a panoramic one.  I
also stretched the image quite a bit in the X direction.  Check out the
HTML source to see how easy it was to do.