POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any quake players out there ? : Re: Any quake players out there ? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any quake players out there ?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 27 Jun 1999 11:36:36
Message: <377743d3.179167571@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:06:38 +0300, Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

>I still occasionally play Doom II, and to me it's more fun than Quake. At least
>in single player mode.

  Hi, Margus. Same here - once in a while I dust off the trusty
double-barrel shotgun and go spook hunting.

  At the time I left CompuServe, several teams of volunteers had gone
through John Romero's released public domain code for the DOOMII engine and
had fixed numerous bugs and added many new features. Editors such as DeeP
have undergone concurrent development to keep up with the latest features in
the patched ee-ex-ees.

  The one thing I'd always wanted to do (but never had the time for) was to
use a map editor construct a level of where I live or where I work, place a
bunch of spooks in there, and go fraggin'.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get