POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any quake players out there ? : Re: Any quake players out there ? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any quake players out there ?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 27 Jun 1999 19:15:40
Message: <3776B0C6.250C9EBB@peak.edu.ee>
Bob wrote:

/.../
> Bump mapping would be a
> good thing to see along with better simulated lighting. Unless of course there
already
> is.

Bump mapping is implemented in some newer games, but few current accelerators
support (true) bump mapping in hardware. Lighting ain't too shabby either, with
quite realistic shadows, dynamic lighting and goraud shading with specular
highlights. Anyway, we're discussing triangle based scanline renderers in a
POV-Ray NG. That can't be right :)

Margus