POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any quake players out there ? : Re: Any quake players out there ? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any quake players out there ?
From: Bob
Date: 27 Jun 1999 18:01:08
Message: <37769F18.4C2EDB4A@aol.com>
DOOM, DOOM II, Hexen, Heretic, Quake are all I have right now. Hadn't gotten those
other
sequels, just the DOOM II. My favorite is Heretic because of it's lighting effects,
although perhaps because it seemed the best thing I saw after DOOM. The polygon
creatures of Quake was okay but I can't think of any great special effects.
By the time I invest any more money into gaming there might be some truly fantastic
stuff available (or I'm just cheap).
Btw, I have a few DOOM level editors and music extraction/insertion. I made myself a
audio tape of my favorite DOOM II tunes (mid format with instrument changes) and have
played it many times in the truck or home stereo. Plus many sprites and artifacts I've
pulled out and edited upon or added new altogether.
I have yet to create any textures with POV-Ray and use them. Been a long time since
I've
done any level making, it takes up all my time as I remember. Bump mapping would be a
good thing to see along with better simulated lighting. Unless of course there already
is.

Margus Ramst wrote:

> I still occasionally play Doom II, and to me it's more fun than Quake. At least
> in single player mode.
>
> Margus
>
> Alan Kong wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 26 Jun 1999 06:20:18 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> >
> > >What is Quake ?
> >
> >   What DOOM was to the early '90s... the ultimate shoot-'em-up in a 3d
> > environment. Just you (and possibly some pals) against the hordes from Hell.
> > Or, you can play 'deathmatch' against a fellow gamer, Ken. Do you feel
> > lucky, pal?
> >
> > --
> > Alan
> > http://www.povray.org - Home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer
> > news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get
> > together to exchange ideas, information, and experiences with others

 omniVERSE: beyond the universe