POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : normal calculation : Re: normal calculation Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: normal calculation
From: Andreas Gerdes
Date: 27 Jun 1999 10:59:55
Message: <37763c6b@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich schrieb in Nachricht <37762fbf@news.povray.org>...

>Well, do your vectors all have the same length?

Since it is an Ikosaede made of equal sided triangles, sure.
The normals of each edge, too.
I am quite sure that I have got some problems in my surrounding programming,
especially in the data structure (several pointer lists),
so I would really like to see some simple examples to know if at least my
vector calculations are right.
I've posted two images in binaries.images, the icosaede unsmoothed and
smoothed with some (unnormalized) normal vectors, which seem to be well
calculated - but their average must be completely wrong :-(

bye
Andreas
gerdes@netcologne.*NOSPAM*.de