POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any quake players out there ? : Re: Any quake players out there ? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any quake players out there ?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 27 Jun 1999 10:06:10
Message: <37762FFA.E5C26E4@peak.edu.ee>
Ken wrote:

>   So it's a modern pong game ? I have been out of touch with electronic
> games since Intellivision was replaced by Atari and Nentendo.

IMO they haven't gotten that much better since. Just a lot more eye candy.
While I'm not from the pong generation, some of the oldies from XT and 286 are
still my all time favourites. Pong ain't bad, either. It's damn addictive, esp.
in multiplayer mode :)

> Personaly
> I think Pov is the ultimate 3D game in town. Why play in someone else's
> 3D worlds when you can create your own :)

The framerate sucks, though. We need more power...
And you can create your own worlds (levels) in Quake et al.
Can be quite fun sometimes.

Margus