POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV World Map update : Re: PoV World Map update Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV World Map update
From: Bob
Date: 27 Jun 1999 02:03:49
Message: <3775BEAD.F96C9F0A@aol.com>
Thanks Matthew, I've known of the oddity about those British Isles for some time now,
like since I used this latest Earth image, which is the strange thing about it. I
couldn't use the image as is when I first applied it, way off from what the supposed
mathematically correct latitudes and longitudes were showing. So there has been some
additional area (over ocean) added to improve upon the original. I don't know why
there
was ever any problem at all since I had thought the Earth image was a direct
representation of the real globe. Anyhow, all else appears to be aligning fairly well,
but England? It's like a terrible earthquake has shifted it toward the continent. I
haven't a good fix for this yet, I hate to think the coordinate numbers need a
subtraction by more than a degree and even worse the prospect of cut & pasting Great
Britain. Not a thing I like to do, playing god.
On this subject, anyone else seeing a significant shift in their map positions from
the
real?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe