POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV World Map update : Re: PoV World Map update Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV World Map update
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 25 Jun 1999 19:50:07
Message: <3774134E.E900AD8C@geocities.com>
> To all,
>
>   It is my understanding the Bob has intentionally omitted the association
> between name and place for those who do not wish to disclose such information
> publicly but wished to participate in the project. Therefore it would not be
> polite to ask him to betray this trust.

On a related note: Bob, how about appending the list of names with
locations for those who don't mind. Or how about just a list of
coordinates for those interested in trying a pov map ourselves.

And now for something completely different. Any thoughts as to whether
this map accurately represents the use of internet technologies?

Speaking of which, what's up with the unexpected concentration around
Estonia and Finland?

And while I'm ranting away... regarding TonyB's post about the isolated
POVer, the most isolated seem to be our friends in Panama, Singapore and
what I can only guess to be Macapa.

I can't remember what my original reason to write this was, so I'll stop
now.

--
Chris Maryan (The dot on the north shore of L. Ontario... is that a
double dot or am I just seeing things)