POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Rotating text around center? : Re: Rotating text around center? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotating text around center?
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 24 Jun 1999 13:47:55
Message: <37726a7f.143007749@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:15:43 -0700, jer### [at] acusdedu (Jerry) wrote:

>In article <376f21dc@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Mika <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote:
>>Jerry <jer### [at] acusdedu> wrote:
>>: it allows you to find the minimum and maximum "bounds" of any object
>>  I'm curious about how does it work.
>>  For example, how can it find the boundaries of a poly, a blob, a bicubic
>>patch or even a difference csg? What about infinite objects?
>>  Or is it just an approximation?
>
>Ask Ron, but  I believe that what it does is just return POV's
>pre-calculated bounding box, which is used to determine whether or not a
>ray *might* be hitting this object. My experience has been that it works
>perfectly on text; I've never tried it on a plane, that would be
>interesting...

Ouch! Still - since it works on text... should do nicely for me.

Actually, I already have it, although I'm concerned about possible
differences in results obtained by "straight" 3.1e as the 3.1e sources
aren't available yet (or weren't when last I checked).

All I really need is a big book called "POV-Ray and Superpatch for
idiots" <g>

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail