POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A Letter to Artists : Re: A Letter to Artists Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Letter to Artists
From: ingo
Date: 23 Jun 1999 13:30:46
Message: <377119c6@news.povray.org>
Jeff Lee heeft geschreven in bericht <376e8251@news.povray.org>...
>Now, however, the artist has been freed of the unfair burden of learning
>how to create art through tiresome procedures.  It is up to the CONSUMER
>of art to learn how to find profundity in it; .....................

Our ancester art consumers had to learn too. There is quite some sybolism in a
lot of paintings a non educated person would have missed. Take a simple still
life. What dead animal is in it, a fish, a grouse, a pheasant? What's the
orientation of the knife and fork. What material is the plate made off, gold,
silver? And the prominent lemon, peeld off course.

>But if you will excuse me, I must now go to the hospital to have my
>tongue surgically removed from my cheek.

Leave it in.

ingo
--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.