POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SIGGRAPH : Re: SIGGRAPH Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SIGGRAPH
From: Bob
Date: 23 Jun 1999 02:22:12
Message: <37707D10.BCD35016@aol.com>
Sorry about the OT. What I was saying rather clumsily (clumsily? oh well...) was
associated with my parents running around to those gambling resorts (resorts? oh well
again...) and what I was actually thinking of was Tunica Mississippi, a small town
south
of Memphis Tennessee (not quite near New Orleans at all). You see, we have no gambling
to speak of in Alabama where we live and I really never have done so myself; unless
you
call buying a lottery ticket in the Seattle area gambling (yeah, ok, ok, so it is).
My folks are like many senior citizens I guess (younger set however) and have been to
Atlantic City and the likes a few times. The riverboat thing mentioned has apparently
been a sort of fiasco since I hear that many so-called "boats" are practically
attached
to dry land.
And so this OT post is'nt totally off POV-Ray:

//not real dimensions or shape of actual playing cards
#declare CardCount=52
union {
 #while (CardCount>0)
  box {-1,1 scale <1,.01,2> translate CardCount*.011*y}
  #declare CardCount=CardCount-1
 #end
}

--