POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: Kens Newest Links : Re: Announcement: Kens Newest Links Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: Kens Newest Links
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Jun 1999 14:11:16
Message: <376fd1c4@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:17:19 -0700, Ken wrote:

>Ron Parker wrote:
>
>> Agent: it shows up as a netscape icon which I have to launch to see.
>
>Once in netscape I presume it if fully functional ?

Yes.

>> slrn: it shows up as pure HTML code, which I have to save to disk and
>>       manually launch netscape to see.
>
>Is this bad ?
>
>What other options do I have for distributing it to the widest number of
>platforms and what then is the best format to post links of this kind ?

Nope, not bad.  In fact, I'd say this is your best option for such
distribution, considering the content.  Perhaps a note at the top
in plain text for those of us whose newsreaders don't understand
HTML directly would be in order, explaining that what follows is
HTML and should be viewed in a web browser.  I know that's obvious
to most of us, but others might be put off by all the funny angle-
brackets (and the warning Netscape puts at the top of the file in
comments.)