POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SIGGRAPH : Re: SIGGRAPH Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SIGGRAPH
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Jun 1999 10:35:04
Message: <376f9f18@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 06:49:05 -0700, Ken wrote:
>Louisiana has leagalized gambling now too ? I thought only Nevada and
>Atlantic City Ga. had legal gambling. Next thing you know Utah is going
>to leagalize prostitution.

way off topic, of course, but...

Many states, even here in the relatively conservative midwest, have legalized
gambling in the form of so-called "riverboat gambling."  Sometimes the "boats"
even leave the dock.  It's just another case of some legislator somewhere
deciding that all those tax dollars will more than pay for the treatment for
all the new addicts.

Oh, and Atlantic City is in NJ, but you knew that.