POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Identifying engine version : Re: Identifying engine version Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Identifying engine version
From: Lance Birch
Date: 21 Jun 1999 22:49:49
Message: <376ef9cd@news.povray.org>
Good idea I think.

Or even perhaps the syntax could be something like engine and engine_version
(so that you can easily detect the patch... rather than distinguishing
between "3.1e Official" and "3.1 Official", if that made sense)

Definately worth investigating.

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind

Peter Houston wrote in message <376e8e12@news.povray.org>...
>Is there any way to identify in the scene files what version of POV is
being
>used ?
>
>What I'm getting at is if a scene is rendered using either SuperPatch,
UVPov