POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Passing variables between files?? : Re: Passing variables between files?? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing variables between files??
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 19 Jun 1999 01:00:52
Message: <376b224e.14229210@news.povray.org>
Thnking about it, the old technique for passing an unknown number of
arguments is to use a string - the macro accepts and then parses a
string like "1,3" or "5,1,2,3,4,5" into variable 1 or variables 1 to
5.

It'd not necessarily be fast - but it'd work I suspect. There are
string functions like left$() and mid$() aren't there?

Hmm... I can find "substr" which seems to be the equivalent of mid$
(and could be used in place of left$) and you can use "strlen" as the
equivalent of len() (to find the number of characters in the string
which needs parsing).

Since I can't see anything in the POV docs which suggest arrays are
not permissable as parameters, that might be the easiest option
though.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail