POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Question : Re: Rendering Question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Question
From: Lance Birch
Date: 18 Jun 1999 22:50:15
Message: <376b0567@news.povray.org>
I agree with you there, ingo the problem is most likely with the printer not
being able to replicate the colors and shades correctly.  Printing at a
professional print shop will solve the problem (or should) because their
printers and/or rips will be able to handle the color correction themselves.

The ultimate is to get it imageset and then printed as CMYK plates... but
that would cost a small fortune and is only really good for large runs.

Usually I get good results using rip printing directly to a high-quality
Canon color photocopier (obviously it's one set up specifically for the
Canon Rip).  It seems to be able to match the color correction quite well as
Photoshop corrects it for the purposes.

Hope this helps.  (you should probably consult the print shop about the
problem)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind