POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Rotating text around center? : Re: Rotating text around center? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotating text around center?
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 21 Jun 1999 22:10:27
Message: <376EEFF3.C4A51F35@xs4all.nl>
Larkril wrote:

> I am making an animation, and I am trying to rotate a single word around in
> a circle.  The problem is that since text starts at the lower left corner(in
> POVray, which is what I'm using) it rotates by its edge instead of by the
> middle.  For example, it rotates more like the hand of a clock than a plane
> propeller.  How can I get around this.  There must be some fancy thing I can
> do with sin and cosine, etc...  If you wouldn't mind, please email me a copy
> of your reply at rla### [at] mbhsedu.  Thanks a lot for any help!

Though it's not really what you asked, perhaps this can be of help:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/zip/softtext.zip
It's a small utility I made (Windows only!) that makes a blob-object from any
text in any font you like which allows you to twist, rotate, stretch or do any
other sadistic thing you can think of to your textobject.
I'll post some examples in the appropriate binaries-groups.

Remco
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/