POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help - using rgb colors with triangles : Re: Help - using rgb colors with triangles Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help - using rgb colors with triangles
From: Ken
Date: 20 Jun 1999 07:20:15
Message: <376CCE46.7D0F8620@pacbell.net>
David Arcoleo wrote:

> Hi all, I'm writing an application that takes graphs in Mathematica and
> converts them to povray source.  I construct the objects using triangles
> and am including an option to do an exact color match.  How do I give a
> triangle an rgb?  Everything I try doesn't seem to work.
>
> Thanks,
> -Dave

  Exactly how many colors do you expect you will have to produce to
match mathmatica's colors in the conversion. If you are talking less
than say 50 - 100 individual colors or so it might be worth your
effort to write a sorting routine that places the triangles of a
given color each into it's own mesh object. This way you need only
add a pigment to each group of triangles as opposed to every triangle
you produce.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net