POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help - using rgb colors with triangles : Re: Help - using rgb colors with triangles Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help - using rgb colors with triangles
From: Ken
Date: 19 Jun 1999 22:12:15
Message: <376C4B14.F36F08AE@pacbell.net>
Glen Berry wrote:

> >No I am afraid that simply is just not possible.
>
> Why not? I have seen mesh files where each triangle had a unique
> pigment definition. Each line of the mesh file had a triangle
> definition followed by a pigment definition. This makes for a much
> larger mesh file, and it takes longer to parse than an uncolored mesh,
> but it does work. One doesn't *have* to #declare pigments or textures
> in advance if using something like "rgb <0.8, 0.4, 0.2>" to define the
> colors on each line is acceptable.
>
> Later,
> Glen Berry

Sorry you are wrong this time and I jsut tried it to make sure of my earlier
statment.

===> From the docs:
  Any number of triangle and/or smooth_triangle statements can be used and
each of those triangles can be individually textured by assigning a texture
identifier to it. The texture has to be declared before the mesh is parsed.
It is not possible to use texture definitions inside the triangle or smooth
triangle statements. This is a restriction that is necessary for an efficient
storage of the assigned textures. See " Triangle and Smooth Triangle" for
more information on triangles.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net