POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A Letter to Artists : Re: A Letter to Artists Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Letter to Artists
From: Ken
Date: 18 Jun 1999 05:01:24
Message: <376A07FC.B36F7ED0@pacbell.net>

> A lot of what he wrote sounds very nice. I agree with much of it, but
> he seems to be completely negating the value of art that isn't
> considered "beautiful" in appearance.

  One of the best photographs I have ever taken was of a barn in the country.
This barn was in a serious state of disrepair and was anything but beautiful.
Even with this going against it many I have shown the photo to agree that it
a very beautiful picture. I believe this supports your claim there is beauty
in ugly things and it is truly in the eyes of the beholder.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net