POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tiled Background Images... : Re: Tiled Background Images... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiled Background Images...
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 14 Jun 1999 19:46:26
Message: <37659452@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 04:07:04 GMT, Alan Kong wrote:
>>  I suppose the only alternative is to tweak the scene code to manually
>>blend the image to be as tileable as possible, though this may be
difficult
>>in many cases.
>
>You can always tweak the POV source code.  It should be possible to make
>crackle, bozo, turbulence, and whatnot be tileable with some relatively
>minor changes in the code, though you might need to change the lacunarity
>of the noise code to make it work.  If you do, make it an option and give
>us a patch.

Another way is to use a special camera...
This method will distort the texture (or scene) in strange ways, but it
remains absolutely clear and unblended.
In the code below you can replace the textured sphere with any scene, and
you can change the location and look_at of the camera to whatever you wish.
You will be able to get some really interesting effects...

// Width and height of output image must be equal.

camera {
   ultra_wide_angle
   location <0,0,0>
   up y