POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Nihongo no truetype : Re: Nihongo no truetype Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nihongo no truetype
Date: 11 Jun 1999 13:06:37
Message: <376141E4.CA0C82A2@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
Hi!

Should I have stepped on someone's foot?  Sorry for that. You may be
right. If you want it explicit - you'll get it.

Ok. So: I'm running a Intel Pentium on Windows 95 and I am quite an
amateur on rendering. I have installed the MS Office 97 fareast support.
MS Mincho.ttf it is mainly, the proportional truetype font for japanese
texts. Using it as a display font is no problem at all. I use POV 3.1 and
have recently concepted the brilliant idea of bringing two little hobbys
together. Raytracing and Japanese that is. So far, so good.

Using a pre-processor to encode little passages of text into UNICODE as
a first try, then JIS, S-JIS, EUC, OldJIS and so on. The best result I could

get was getting the kanjis changed into katakana - some totally different
part of the font set. I hoped for a workaround for this problem.  {:-(

For your proposal: What "different japanese font". Sadly, the fareast
support leaves you only with this one.   >:-|

Hasta la vista, baby!

   Heinrich

P.S.: If you have posted your global questions - tell me some of the
        best answers. Especially the answeres to the latter one!   ;-)