POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : silly features : Re: silly features Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:33:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: silly features
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 10 Jun 1999 16:39:25
Message: <37601E7F.37D99967@xs4all.nl>
Robert Dawson wrote:

> Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote in message
> > I did it before and I'll do it again: suggest a new feature which will
> probably
> > be seen as silly and redundant. Anyway, I think it would be really "cool"
> if you
> > had the possibility to define by which lightsources an object is lit.
>
> Further to my last posting: try this.

Thanks!
Would you believe I really understand this?

It's amazing what people here come up with.

Unfortunately, with the scene I'm working on I have multiple lightsources and
one arealight and it is the last I'd like to block for a certain object.
That shouldn't be a real problem though.

There's one drawback to your suggestion: an object wouldn't be lit be a
lightsource but it would cast a shadow, wouldn't it? What would happen if it is
a shadowless light_source (I tend to use lots of those).

Regards,

Remco