POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : silly features : Re: silly features Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: silly features
From: Lance Birch
Date: 9 Jun 1999 02:06:31
Message: <375e0467@news.povray.org>
Yes that's right.  The basic idea that 3D Studio had (and this has been
extended into MAX) is the following.

Each light has a name and so do all objects.  In the case of POV-Ray these
could just be optional keywords as was suggested (for the lights an ID
perhaps and the lit_by statement in the objects).

Then lights can either be excluded or included for each object (or vice
versa with the objects to the lights).  You also have the option for
lighting and/or casting shadows/receiving shadows.

There is also another option that could be implemented into the lights and
that is an option keyword set like the following:

affect_diffuse_only
affect_specular_only

So the light can be switched to affecting the diffuse or speculars of a
surface individually (very useful for ambient direction lighting).

Of course we'll wait and see what the new Superpatch has to offer first I
guess :)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind