POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Semi-OT: Special effects in the Phantom Menace : Re: Semi-OT: Special effects in the Phantom Menace Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Semi-OT: Special effects in the Phantom Menace
From: Lance Birch
Date: 7 Jun 1999 23:53:34
Message: <375c93be@netplex.aussie.org>
Yeah, now I remember.  ILM have created several "atmospheric fur" shaders...
they work just like atmosphere (or media, whatever you like to call it...)
based on object distance.  There is a plug-in for MAX which does the same
thing and it's called "Fur" (how appropriate eh?  :)

Looks really good...

Anyway, unfortunately in Australia we don't get the wonder America channels
hehe  Oh well... :)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind