POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Semi-OT: Special effects in the Phantom Menace : Re: Semi-OT: Special effects in the Phantom Menace Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:11:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Semi-OT: Special effects in the Phantom Menace
From: Alan Kong
Date: 7 Jun 1999 23:14:42
Message: <375c810b.149552807@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:10:29 -0500, "Ed Kaiser"
<eka### [at] camdentdsnet> wrote:

>I thought it was kind of funny how with CG all the aliens have hairless
>reptile skin now.

  ILM went with what they are good at, having practiced in "Jurassic
Park".

  There were those beasts of burden in SW:TPM. Remember the scene just
before the pod race began, when that Jar Jar guy caught a whiff of
that beast 'breaking wind'? That creature looked to have really,
really fine textured hair, like peach fuzz. I think it might have been
a rendering trick, rather than individually rendered hair but that's
just my opinion.

  On June 15th, the Fox network will present "Star Wars to Star Wars",
a history of ILM from its modest (not Modesto!) beginnings to today's
driving special effects force (ha!) in the industry. Narrated by
Samuel L. Jackson.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts from around the world