POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestions: patterns, warps, modifiers : Re: Suggestions: patterns, warps, modifiers Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions: patterns, warps, modifiers
From: Peter Popov
Date: 5 Jun 1999 00:09:53
Message: <375ba175.27258185@news.povray.org>
On 3 Jun 1999 09:27:09 -0500, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:

>Oddly enough, the 3.0 source had some of the support code for a
>so-called "spiral" warp, but it was never implemented.  The code
>was removed in 3.1.

Nooo... don't tell me they gave it up! :(

>All of these ideas, with the possible exception of the falloff
>stuff, are very easy to implement.

The falloff stuff requires too much fiddling, you are right. Mainly
the parser part, I think. I have to look at the code once again.

>The crystalline lattice
>could be implemented as yet another patch to the crackle
>pattern - I would say a syntax something like
>
>crackle {
>  centers {2, <0,0,0>, <.5,.5,.5>}
>}

Well, I think it should have a new syntax as it will have several
parameters that don't fit into crackle at all. I'll post a sample
syntax later today.

>but with a better keyword than "centers", of course.  I had thought
>at one time of making crackle 2d as well, but with the planar warp in
>the new superpatch such a thing is redundant.

Cracke2d would be much faster than planar warped crackle 3d , don't
you think?

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700