POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestions: patterns, warps, modifiers : Re: Suggestions: patterns, warps, modifiers Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions: patterns, warps, modifiers
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 5 Jun 1999 14:13:33
Message: <375b6855.40022561@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 05 Jun 1999 18:03:21 GMT, par### [at] mailfwicom (Ronald L.
Parker) wrote:

>It uses the difference between the distance to the closest point and
>the distance to the second-closest point, which is twice the distance
>from the edge equidistant between the two points.

or it would be, if only the component along the line between the point
were used.  As it is, it's a little more complicated than that but I
don't think I've ever been able to see the difference.  In any case,
it's roughly proportional to the distance from the edge.