POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not-so-smooth height_field in POV 3.1 : Re: Not-so-smooth height_field in POV 3.1 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not-so-smooth height_field in POV 3.1
From: Bob
Date: 8 Jun 1999 01:10:48
Message: <375CA5B2.D7F905A8@aol.com>
Hmmm, not according to Ron Parker and the POV-Ray Scene help (from what I can make out
of about it). Seems it is 2 triangles per 4 pixels. Of course if you mean that a pixel
is apparently divided in two by a pair of triangles I guess that would be correct.
Please have a look at Rons fine explanation at the p.t.s-f. newsgroup in reply to my
"What is it? HF checkers" post if you haven't already. And actually the POV Help file
does a good job as well, I just fail to understand things easily.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe