POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : need help with CSG 'ashtray' : need help with CSG 'ashtray' Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  need help with CSG 'ashtray'
From: Royce Sullivan
Date: 3 Jun 1999 15:33:36
Message: <3756CA9B.668B76AE@home.com>
Greetings,

I putting together a scene and I'm trying to create a CSG ashtray with
three slots at 120 degree intervals. The core ashtray is the difference
between two cylinders defined along the y-axis. The inner cylinder is
'open '.  The 'slots' in the ashtray are smaller cylinders defined along
the x-axis. I'm using a while end loop to take the difference between
the core ashtray and slotting x-axis cylnder. For some crazy reason it
does'nt work with my cylinders. I've used the same while end routine to
'dimple the bottom of a CSG whiskey glass with spheres and it works
fine. I'm about to pull my hair OUT!!! Any suggestions would helpful.
I'm posting the file in scene newsgroup section.
Here's a little povray joke. Q: Did you here about the povray artist
that lost his car keys? A: He found them by RAYTRACING his steps.

Thanks in advance.

Ron Hicks
dag### [at] yahoocom
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/1006