POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.5 ideas : Re: POV 3.5 ideas Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.5 ideas
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 31 May 1999 22:24:58
Message: <37533653.F6A8AA45@aol.com>
That head mesh is great. Only other one I've seen was on TV. I'd wager it
was the crowd at SIGGRAPH that caused the nose to be off center. Somebody
probably nudged the tripod (if the laser range finders were tripod
mounted). heh-heh
From what I could make out of that tri-color macro I thought perhaps a
whole texture (including image_map?) might be done the same way. I'm not
much a user of meshes though.
In case you hadn't heard or seen it, there's a thing called Photo Modellor
that applies images to meshes you create by plotting out the points onto
several views of the pictured object (front, side, top, etc.). Only tough
part is the manual mesh making and I didn't have any success learning to
get the surfaces defined enough. Seems potentially a great thing, free
trial version available. Mike Hough told several of us about it at AOL,
it's at:

 http://www.eossystems.com/Lite/

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe