POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Web Graphics : Re: Web Graphics Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web Graphics
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 29 May 1999 19:09:29
Message: <37506599.0@news.povray.org>
Rick wrote:
>Hi
>I use POVray extensivly for webgraphics
>
>http://kitty5webdesign.cjb.net
>http://kitty5.cjb.net
>http://ds.dial.pipex.com/kitty5/pov/
>http://www.dlg.co.uk

Me too, it's nothing in comparison though.

http://welcome.to/rsj

At the moment I create individual images for all "objects" on my page. I mix
different camera-types, and I think it work quite well.

>for some examples, its quite simple, create your bits and place the camera
>quite a distance away on one plane, like look at <0,0,0> camat <0,-200,0>
>then zoom into your stuff, works well for me.
>
>Rick
>
>Darcy Johnston <djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM> wrote in message
>> Sorry if this has been asked to death, but I was wondering if anyone has
>any
>> good methods for creating graphics that would useful for web sites? In
>> particular, I'm trying to create some images of text that I could use for
>> menu buttons. My problem is whenever I try to play with the camera
setting
>> so I can zoom in on the word (I want the image to contain just the word,
>and
>> not have a lot of dead space that I'd have to crop out manually), it
>always
>> looks distorted. If anyone can give some hints as to how to go about such
>> task, I would be very grateful.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Darcy
>> djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM
>> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/4317

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
My POV-Ray 3D Gallery, the POV Desktop Theme,
and the with your help complete list of quotes
"you know you have been raytracing too long when..."
at http://welcome.to/rsj