POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.5 ideas : Re: POV 3.5 ideas Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:10:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.5 ideas
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 May 1999 10:26:16
Message: <374FEBCF.EB30A83@compuserve.com>
What I had in mind was more along the lines of having the translucency
{...} stuff be in the interior {...} portion, and have a
double_illuminate keyword in the finish {...} statement.
Double-illuminate would affect the surface of the object (both inside
and outside would be illuminated), and translucence would depend on
thickness, and affect light passing through(photon-mapping + blurred
reflections + translucence = WOW!). I know that translucence can be done
with media, but this is hard to control and slow. A special keyword with
a sampling method designed for doing translucence would be much better.