POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Massive Army Shot : Re: Massive Army Shot Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Massive Army Shot
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 28 May 1999 16:21:55
Message: <374EEC3A.7D038026@geocities.com>
1. Set up your character as a macro with movement and position defined in macro
variables.
2. Set up a while loop where the position and movement of each character are a
strong function of the clock and a weak function of a randomized RAND(rr)
number.

I did essentially this (pre-macros) for an IRTC animations entry,  "Lane
Changing Incident at the Pan-Compositional Games" where I had about 8 different
blobbed men running at slightly different speeds.