POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Colors.inc HTMLified : Re: MyColors.inc Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MyColors.inc
From: Ken
Date: 27 May 1999 23:35:29
Message: <374E008F.47E601DA@pacbell.net>
Jerry Anning wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 1999 16:25:51 -0400, TonyB
> <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote:
>
> >This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> >--------------128D849CDC25907CC28AEB27
> >
> >I found an include file on my hard drive, which I recall writing some
> >time ago. I don't have the foggiest idea where I got these colors and
> >names from. I thought someone might like them, so here they are. Please
> >comment, claim partial authorship with me (I had to transform from 255
> >128 0 to 1,.5,0 and #declare all the colors and update this thing to 3.1
> >(after rediscovering it), so I consider myself a major author of this
> >thing). Enjoy.
>
> I don't know who designed them, but I think you have the standard X
> windows colors there.  They can be found in many places such as TCL/TK
> distributions.  Here is the POVified version I put together, with
> colors adjusted to work with assumed_gamma 1.0.

Yawn,

 I made a colors include file (Kolors.inc) about a year ago that was
collected from various sources and has somewhere around 680 different
colors by name. I also maintained all of the original colors from
colors.inc and renamed any new colors where name collisions might have
occured. This assures that any scene you might have previously made
using the original colors.inc will work as expected and is totaly
backward compatible. It also contains an example scene file
(contributed by Peter Popov) which indexs the colors for easy selection.
If anyone is interested I will repost it in the appropriate group.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net