POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm back! New and improved! : Re: I'm back! New and improved! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:36:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back! New and improved!
From: Ken
Date: 23 May 1999 22:06:19
Message: <3748A5B6.D738B2DF@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> That's nothing. I went straight from 486/100/16 to PII/418/64 :)
> ~15X speed increase! I was in heaven. Now I'm back to earth. Renders still
> take forever. They always will.
> Wouldn't want to go back to my old system, tho...
>
> Margus

  I went from an 8088 4 mhz straight to the Cyrix 486 80 mhz. mentioned
below. Talk about blazing speed difference.

  I have a Cyrix 486 dx2 80 set up for the wife to do word processing
with. Everytime I have to do maintenence on it the speed of the system
drives me nuts. I have it loaded with a clean install of Win 3.1 and
Word 6 for windows and that is all - but man o' man is it slooooooow.

 It was also very slow when I was using it for rendering Pov 2.2 scenes
but it didn't seem so slow when it was the fastest system I ever owned.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net