POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Massive Army Shot : Massive Army Shot Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Massive Army Shot
From: forkazoo
Date: 23 May 1999 14:21:53
Message: <37483931.0@news.povray.org>
If you have seen the new Star Wars, or much publicity for it, you have seen
a shot in which about a bajillion (give or take 5 %) droids stand up.

I want to do something like that for a summer video project I am going to be
doing.  What would be the most efficient way to make, say, 100,000 people
doing things.  Should I #declare the prototype first, and make the guys from
the #declared in a loop, or should I just set up a loop, and create objects
in the loop, without #declaring, or what?

Next, what is the easiest way to set up things like walk cycles.  Is there a
way to use poser with PoV  (not the people, but the animation data.)  Or
should I just make all of the animations manually?

Has anybody done anything like this in PoV before that I can look at?