POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations :  : Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:56 EDT (-0400)
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 23 May 1999 14:20:52
Message: <37483807.3392147@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 23 May 1999 15:17:20 +0200, "Remon Koopmans"
<tho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>I'm quite new to animation in POV (for Windows) and got stuck on this
>problem a few times.
>Suppose I made a cylinder, originating in <0,0,0> and ending in <0,1,0>.
>Including the cylinder and a sphere at the end of it in a object, gives me a
>stick-like object. When I would rotate the stick around, say, the Z-axis, is

>same scene.

The tools you want are vrotate and vaxis_rotate.  Look under vector
functions in the docs.  Vrotate will give you the new coordinates
resulting when you apply a rotation (about <0, 0, 0> = "rotate <a, b,
c>") to a point, and vaxis_rotate will do the same if you give it an
arbitrary axis of rotation and number of degrees.

Jerry Anning
clem "at" dhol "dot" com