12 Aug 2024 01:24:38 EDT (-0400)
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 24 May 1999 16:50:36
Message: <37481083.54577416@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 May 1999 11:48:29 -0600, "Twyst" <twy### [at] twystednet> wrote:

>Well, I had been intending to kill twysted.net - but dammit, I liked running
>it. Sure, I was busy a lot, and maintaining it single handedly was tough -
>but it was fun. <sigh> This is what happens when you start thinking about
>stuff, I guess.....
>

>I'm possibly thinking of restoring twysted.net - but I'm also thinking of
>expanding its scope, to include all the other non-commercial renderers, such
>as radiance, BMRT, PolyRay, etc, etc.

Yay! I've nevr seen PolyRay, or even heard of BMRT... but way to go.
Might not cut down on your workload much though...

>In order for me to do this, however, I do need to know what kind of support
>I'll be getting. Will it be worth my effort to start handling BMRT?

Hard to tell without knowing more about it. My main interest is that
the Patchstation and macro resources will still be avilable (macros
presumably at povray.org) but that's *now*. Who knows what I'll want
tomorrow?

>In any case, twysted.net will be starting over from scratch. Possibly, I'll
>just put my webdesign company on there as a subdomain, or something.
>
>As users of twysted.net , what would you like to see? I'm open to
>suggestions, comments, offers of help, etc.

Bob and Ken both put forward better ideas than I could gather from my
cloudy brain.

>After all - feedback is the only way things change. If you don't like
>something about the old site, speak up! If you have a radical new idea for a
>site - let me know!
>
>After all - twysted.net was averaging 2-3 gigs of outgoing traffic a month -
>I know you guys are out there....

Ack! I've been discovered. /Nick Joseph bloggs. Damn - that doesn't
work over Usenet...

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail