POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh Request : Re: Mesh Request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:31:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh Request
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 22 May 1999 21:27:23
Message: <37474b6b.0@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> Bill DeWitt wrote:
> >
> > Well, I searched through one by one and didn't find it. Do these posts
end
> > up on Deja News?..... Apparently not...
>
>  The announcement from the administration of this group last week should
> have answered that question for you.

Thanks Ken, I did read that, but had to check anyway. Just stubborn I guess.

>   Concerning your request for one of the train models in pov format
> I need to know what level of detail you are looking for. I have
> or can get some that have 15 pcs. and others with as many as 100
> individual pieces which all need their own textures applied. It all
> depends on how much work you want to put into it. I do have one that
> is, lets call it of medium detail, and has 8 cars included with it.
> It is a cargo train and there are no passenger cars. I can also
> throw in a caboose if the model group does not already have it
> included

    Considering that I am begging for other folks hard work to be sent to me
for free, I will take anything I can get. I am not afraid of the more
complex ones, but can use the simpler ones too. The train I am working on
looks to have several thousand pieces, and is likely to take me years to
finish. When it is done it will be cool, but I would like something to make
pictures of now.

    The medium detail one sounds perfect, if you can't send them all. But as
the wise old programmer said, (beggars != choosers)