POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm back! New and improved! : Re: I'm back! New and improved! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:35:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back! New and improved!
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 22 May 1999 20:12:07
Message: <37473A79.B79AE442@xs4all.nl>
TonyB wrote:

> Hello everybody! I took my computer apart and hacked it back together
> yesterday and early today. My Pentium 133 w/64MB is now my PentiumII 400
> w/128MB SDRAM dream-machine!!! I could not believe the increase in the
> rendering speed (POV being the 1st program i installed :)
>
> Now I can complete the projects i could only dream of. You just wait!
> I'll be back soon with really great stuff! =)
>
> --
> Anthony L. Bennett
> http://welcome.to/TonyB
>
> (Can someone tell me what Jar-Jar is saying?)

I guess you'll find the increase in speed incredible, the increase in
possibilities for your images minimal :-) You'll be able to render much faster,
so you'll soon start thinking of things that need a lot of speed and you'll be
back where you started: waiting for a render to finish.
I upgraded my system from 64 to 256 Mb RAM. The first thing I did was render an
image I had wanted to render if only I had more memory. The result was a
blue-screen out of memory message 8-)
On the other hand: an upgrade feels great anyway, you should give your sustem an
appropriate name (I did - untranslatable).
Have fun and let's see some results!!!

Remco