POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : gradient bug causing "noise" : Re: gradient bug causing "noise" Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gradient bug causing "noise"
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 May 1999 04:32:46
Message: <37465c66.57744492@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 May 1999 19:15:58 -0500, Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>Did you render twice? Although, for me, every time after the first render
>when POV-Ray is run on a fresh start the problem occurs always from then
>on.
>I used a [1.01 color rgb<#,#,#>] and got exactly the same result as with a
>1.0 so this is curious if you actually get a corrected gradient mapping.
>The box by the way shows the x and z gradients also do this.

The color map is always normalised, i.e. scaled up or down to fit in
the range [0; 1] , so this solution will not work. Nor will frequency
0.99999, I think. You have to scale the pigment, there's no other way
around this. For a unit sized object you can translate it, too.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700