POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : gradient bug causing "noise" : Re: gradient bug causing "noise" Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gradient bug causing "noise"
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 May 1999 21:16:09
Message: <3745F73E.FFD5066B@aol.com>
Did you render twice? Although, for me, every time after the first render
when POV-Ray is run on a fresh start the problem occurs always from then
on.
I used a [1.01 color rgb<#,#,#>] and got exactly the same result as with a
1.0 so this is curious if you actually get a corrected gradient mapping.
The box by the way shows the x and z gradients also do this.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe