POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU : Re: WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:37:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU
From: Alan Kong
Date: 16 May 1999 14:21:04
Message: <3742fc6b.48437745@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 16 May 1999 13:58:18 +0100, "Rick" <kit### [at] dialpipexcom>
wrote:

>Has anybody experimented with water cooling there CPU, I have found many
>site's on the net about it, and most have proved to be very reliable, just
>wondering if anybody had taken this approach so as to be able to occ the
>CPU?

  I've heard of these solutions but haven't had a chance to explore
how they are actually implemented, Rick.

  I'd just as soon construct a box that directs cool, filtered air
into the computer case through ducting and hoses rather than risk the
hazard of electrical shock or fire resulting from an accident
involving water.

  Do you really need the extra cooling?
--
Alan
povray.org - official home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer