POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : around the house, literally : around the house, literally Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  around the house, literally
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 May 1999 12:38:40
Message: <3742DAF9.8DE851E5@aol.com>
I've been doing a house for some time now, slowly attempting a bit of real
life architecture (my parents place). POV-Ray without a modeler is not
much of a CAD program as some of you may know. I've found the CSG method
of building a house model via text only is cumbersome at times but it's
fun.
Well, about it: the time of day goes from about noon to evening with the
appropriate lighting changes, although not realistically since the sun
simply fades and lowers as the artificial lights intensify, all linearly
so not as expected of real life.
Also no AA was used to spare me the longer render time, since this is by
far still a "sketch" as is. In fact, I've considered foregoing the white
brick mortar color due to the chaos it causes when movement occurs, even
at high resolutions with AA, because basically the bricks are tiny things.
I've uploaded this just to show, not really a lot anyone could help with;
unless of course someone does have any ideas about anything (hint hint).
Btw, for the most part everything is about where it should be, I say this
because the right-side windows are all offset from each other and it looks
odd. That is the way it actually is. Other things *are* wrong though, like
the blocky driveway, yard isn't correct yet, and I goofed on a last minute
addition: a small cover for a fountain at far left (when animation
starts). See what else seems out of place, make a game of it. Well, I'm
babbling now I know so "The End".

 http://members.xoom.com/omniverse/house_4.mpg

180 frames at 240x180 resolution, 24 bit color.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe