POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh Request : Re: Mesh Request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:32:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh Request
From: Ken
Date: 18 May 1999 22:10:20
Message: <37420F41.ADA5CBB9@pacbell.net>
Steven Jones wrote:

> I'm looking for modern, preferably Australian trains.  The disaster
> occured in 1977, if that helps.

  Where would you like me to park your new train Sir ?

  I have located a nicely modeled diesel engine in the .3ds file format.
I could send it to you as is or convert it first to Pov format for you.
I still need to know more about what kind of cars it was towing when
whatever disater it was in occured. I have in my possesion one train
model that has a steam locomotive but fairly modern looking utility
cars behind it. Of those there are a couple of flat cars, a box car or
two and maybe a liquid tank car. I also have a Caboose on Cd I could
throw into the deal for you.
  If it is passenger cars that you need I have as yet to find any that
I can personaly convert to Pov format. I found one model set of very
high quality passenger cars but they were compressed in the .SIT archive
format which means they are Mad Mac models. I think I recall the
extension was also a Mac 3d file format as well and I have zilch for
experience with anything called Mac. The download size was near 1.7 megs
and I was not thrilled about downloading it as an experiment in cross
platform futility. It is a crying shame too as the passenger cars are
extremely well done and looked very realistic as well. They even have
that mid 60's to early 70's passenger car look to them.
   I have a couple of more possibilities I will check out later today
or tommorrow but it would help a lot if you could be just a tad more
specific about your requirements as to the nature of the train type
objects you require for your project. I think I even have a Pov file
around here soemwhere that makes realistic looking rails for the tracks.

 Let me know soon so I will know how to proceed.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net